The Future Belongs to Project Manager 2.0
TIME: 10:00 am PDT / 1:00 pm EDT / 5:00 pm GMT
PRESENTER: Lisa Hodges, Principal Consultant – Cornerstone Service Management
Join us on International Project Management Day as we discuss the discipline of project management, it’s rapid evolvement and what this means for the project manager. At a recent conference, Dr. Harold Kerzner explained that the discipline of project management must grow and evolve into “project management 2.0” and beyond. In this webinar, we will explore how his observations have implications for the role of project manager.
In today’s fast-paced environment, where cycle times are dramatically short and technology supports everything we do, project managers should ask themselves: “Am I prepared for project management 2.0 and, indeed, project management 3.0?”
What does Project Manager 2.0 look like?
- A bigger toolbox: Specializing in just one discipline, framework, or method is no longer enough
- Bridge the gap: Every business decision is underpinned by technology, and all projects rely on technology to succeed
- Softer approach: Delivering a project is not all about plans and frameworks but the people who make it happen
- Realize the business benefits: In this new working environment, project managers will be held accountable for what happens after projects are completed
- Future proof project manager: Change requires investment of time and resources and must happen now for project managers to transition beyond project management 1.0.